2020-21 BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League – Tin Shui Wai Pegasus 0:4 Kwoon Chung Southern


Tin Shui Wai Pegasus hosted Kwoon Chung Southern in Yuen Long Stadium on late Saturday afternoon for the second BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League fixture of the day. A hat-trick performance by Stefan Pereira, plus a lone goal from James Ha, drove Kwoon Chung Southern past Tin Shui Wai Pegasus 4:0.

Early in the game, Tin Shui Wai Pegasus managed to come up with back-to-back scoring chances. On the 6th minute, Bernardo De Souza’s free-kick was headed wide by teammate Jose Borges. Shortly afterwards, Tse Long-hin picked up the ball through a teammate’s diagonal pass, then pulled the trigger but saw his shot hitting a Kwoon Chung Southern player and went out of play.

Kwoon Chung Southern generated a superb scoring chance on the 14th minute. Stefan Pereira knocked a dangerous free-kick into the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus penalty area. Roberto Fronza took up great position at the back-post and sent a diving header towards goal, only to be spectacularly turned aside by goalkeeper Leung Hing-kit.

On the 26th minute, Tin Shui Wai Pegasus’ Bernardo De Souza made a powerful run into the Kwoon Chung Southern penalty area and drove a low shot towards goal. The ball took a deflection off a Kwoon Chung Southern defender, then was smartly smothered by goalkeeper Tse Tak-him. 

Tin Shui Wai Pegasus generated a half decent scoring chance on the 41st minute, as Tse Long-hin’s long shot from outside the Kwoon Chung Southern box took a deflection off an opposing player and went over the crossbar.

On the other end, Kwoon Chung Southern came up with a dangerous scoring chance through a dangerous counter-attack. James Ha displayed his trademark blazing speed down the right wing and made a solo breakthrough. The Kwoon Chung Southern speedster unloaded from the right flank but failed to hit the target.

Right before the end of the first half, Tin Shui Wai Pegasus’ Sun Ming-him teed up teammate Tse Long-hin with a soft pass outside the Kwoon Chung Southern box. The latter pulled the trigger on another long-range shot but sent the ball over the Kwoon Chung Southern net. The game remained scoreless entering the half time break.

It was all Kwoon Chung Southern in the second half, as the Hong Kong Island side broke the flood gate for goals.

On the 55th minute, a Kwoon Chung Southern player swung the ball deep into the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus penalty area. Stefan Pereira found enough space at the far post and fired the ball past Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goalkeeper Leung Hing-kit. The score was now 1:0 for Kwoon Chung Southern.

Kwoon Chung Southern quickly added another goal on the 57th minute, as Stefan Pereira belted a sweet strike from the left flank that found the back of the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus net, making it 2:0 in the process. The visitors suddenly found themselves in front with a two-goal lead.

Kwoon Chung Southern kept the goals coming and quickly added to Tin Shui Wai Pegasus’ misery. On the 63rd minute, Shu Sasaki went flying down the left wing and delivered a great cross towards the middle. James Ha darted into the box, connected with the cross and sent a bullet strike into the net. The score was now 3:0 with Kwoon Chung Southern gradually pulling away.

On the 71st minute, Kwoon Chung Southern made it 4:0, as Hui Wang-fung’s cross picked out a surging Stefan Pereira. The latter dished out powerful header towards the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus net, giving goalkeeper Leung Hing-kit absolutely no chance. Stefan Pereira earned himself a well-deserved hat-trick with his goal.

The score stood towards the final whistle, as Kwoon Chung Southern cruised past Tin Shui Wai Pegasus through a commanding 4:0 victory.


Tin Shui Wai Pegasus 0:4 Kwoon Chung Southern