2018-2019 Jockey Club Futsal League FA Cup (R2) Final – Tuen Mun 10:1 Hoi King


Tuen Mun and Hoi King squared off in Man On Shan Sports Centre on Sunday afternoon for a crunching battle in the Jockey Club Futsal League FA Cup (Round 2) final. Tuen Mun went all guns blazing in the match and beat Hoi King through a 10:1 score, while lifting the FA Cup trophy.

Barely two minutes into the game, Tuen Mun quickly got in front, as Leung Wai-lok connected with a teammate’s pass and redirected the ball home, putting the New Territories side in front.

On the 5th minute, Tuen Mun added to its lead, as Leung Wai-lok took aim and fired a dangerous shot towards the Hoi King net, the Hoi King goalkeeper got his hand on the ball but could not stop it from entering the net. It was now 2:0 with Tuen Mun in front.

On the 10th minute, Hoi King managed to pull one back, as Cheung Ho-kok connected with a teammate’s delivery and fired the ball into the Tuen Mun net, making it 2:1 in the process.

Afterwards, Hoi King had a great chance to tie the game, yet Wong Yiu-fu’s free-kick was brilliantly turned away by the Tuen Mun goalkeeper.

Late in the first-half, Hoi King’s Wong Yiu-fu picked up his second yellow card of the game and his subsequent marching order. Hoi King suffered a major blow.

On the 22nd minute, Tuen Mun hit the scoreboard once again, as Chan Hin-chung found himself on the receiving end of a teammate’s pass, then buried his scoring chance. It was now 3:1 for Tuen Mun.

On the 26th minute, Tuen Mun’s Sin Yung-pok carved open the Hoi King defense and found teammate Leung Wai-cheung. The latter beat the Hoi King defender to the ball and duly tucked it to the back of the Hoi King net. The score was now 4:1.

Tuen Mun was not done and scored again on the 27th minute. This time, Tuen Mun forced a turnover from Hoi King. Tang Chun-wing capitalized on the opportunity and fired the ball home, making it 5:1.

Near the half-hour mark, Tuen Mun continued to build on its lead, as Lau Ka-wai unloaded a powerful shot from the right wing that went screaming into the Hoi King goal. The score was now 6:1.

On the 65th minute, Tuen Mun’s Sin Yung-pok converted a teammate’s delivery and fired the ball into the Hoi King goal from doorstep. It was now 7:1 with Tuen Mun in full control.

On the 67th minute, Tuen Mun’s Sin Yung-pok capitalized on a goal-mouth scramble and sent the ball into the Hoi King net. It was now 8:1.

A minute later, Tuen Mun was at it once again. This time, Chan Hin-chung finished off a Tuen Mun counter-attack and tucked the ball home with ease, making it 9:1.

Late in the game, Tuen Mun’s Lau Ka-wai fought off pressure from the opposing player down the left side and drove the ball into the net, making it 10:1.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Tuen Mun went on to defeat Hoi King 10:1 and claimed the Jockey Club Futsal League FA Cup trophy.