International Friendly Match - Hong Kong 0:2 Chinese Taipei


Hong Kong played host to Chinese Taipei on Tuesday evening for an international friendly match in Mongkok Stadium. A Chen Hao-wei double on the evening powered the visiting Chinese Taipei past Hong Kong through a 2:0 victory.

Hong Kong nearly opened the score on the 10th minute, when Alexander Akande took down a teammate's cross and sent the ball backwards to Ju Yingzhi. The latter pulled the trigger but saw his shot nicely claimed by Chinese Taipei goalkeeper Pan Wen-chieh.

A minute later, it was Chinese Taipei's turn, as Chu En-le connected with a teammate's cross and smashed a dangerous shot towards the Hong Kong goal, only to be tipped over the crossbar by goalkeeper Yapp Hung-fai.

Chinese Taipei came up with another scoring chance on the 12th minute. This time, Wu Chun-ching let rip from outside the box but saw his bouncing shot smartly collected by Hong Kong goalkeeper Yapp Hung-fai.

It was still the visitors near the half-hour mark. On the 27th minute, Chinese Taipei's Chen Jui-chieh chased down a teammate's long-pass and fired away, only to be denied by a courageous save from Yapp Hung-fai in the Hong Kong net.

Chinese Taipei finally opened the score on the 34th minute. Chen Hao-wei found himself on the receiving end of a teammate's pass and darted into the box on the left side. Chen pulled the trigger and duly fired the ball past goalkeeper Yapp Hung-fai, putting Chinese Taipei in front.

Hong Kong almost answered back on the 42nd minute. Substitute Chan Kwong-ho chased down a teammate's pass on the left-side and broke behind the Chinese Taipei defense. Chan fired away but saw his shot went inches wide beside the goal-post.

Right before half-time, Chinese Taipei managed to expand its lead, as Chen Hao-wai made a great run down the right wing before finishing things off with a fine strike. Chinese Taipei was now up by two goals.

Hong Kong gathered itself in the second-half and came up with several solid scoring chances. On the 51st minute, Yue Tsz-nam's pass sent teammate Jaimes Mckee behind the Chinese Taipei defense. The latter fired a sliding shot form the edge of the box but could not hit the intended target.

The home side continued to look for its first goal of the game. On the 56th minute, Yue Tsz-nam found himself on the receiving end of a teammate's forward pass and dished out a soft header near the Chinese Taipei goal-mouth. Unfortunately for the home side, Yue's header lacked pace and was easily controlled by Chinese Taipei keeper Pan Wen-chieh.

On the 75th minute, Chinese Taipei substitute Li Mao picked up his second yellow card of the game and received his marching order. The visitors were down to ten men.

Hong Kong came tantalizingly close to getting on the scoreboard. On the 77th minute, Ju Yingzhi connected with a teammate's cross and dished out a tasty header towards the Chinese Taipei goal but was cruelly rejected by the crossbar.

The score stood towards the final whistle, as Chinese Taipei went on to defeat Hong Kong 2:0 on the evening.

Hong Kong 0:2 Chinese Taipei