74th Hong Kong – Macau Interport Macau 1:6 Hong Kong


Hong Kong visited Macau on Saturday afternoon for the 74th Hong Kong-Macau Interport. Hong Kong's young guns proved to be up to the task and defeated Macau 1:6, claiming its seventh consecutive Hong Kong-Macau Interport title.

Macau generated early pressure towards the Hong Kong goal but failed to convert. After withstanding the early attacks from the home side, Hong Kong gradually took over the game.

On the 8th minute, Sun Ming-him delivered the ball towards the Macau goal-mouth. Vasudeva Nunez managed to get off a shot as he was falling down but could not get past the Macau goalkeeper.

A minute later, Hong Kong Lau Chi-lok tried to chase down a teammate's long pass behind the Macau defense and was brought down by an opposing player. The referee duly showed the Macau defender the red card, rendering the home side to ten men.

Hong Kong took the lead on the 18th minute, as Yuen Chun-sing's cross found teammate Chan Kwong-ho in the middle. Chan lost the ball under pressure, allowing teammate Law Chun-ting to step up on the right-wing and smashed the ball into the back of the Macau net, putting the visitors in front.

Hong Kong doubled its lead on the 27th minute, as the Macau defense failed to handle a Hong Kong centering pass. Chan Kwong-ho picked up the ball outside the box and sent a sweet belter into the Macau net. Hong Kong was up by two goals at this point.

Macau managed to cut Hong Kong's lead into half barely a minute later. Star striker Leong Ka-hang picked up the ball on the right side of the Hong Kong box, then sent a low drive towards the Hong Kong net and beat keeper Chan Ka-ho in the process.

Hong Kong regained its two-goal lead on the 33rd minute. Lau Ka-ming's corner-kick sailed across the goal-mouth and reached the back-post. Vasudeva Nunez leapt high and nodded the ball home with authority, beating the Macau keeper in the process. The visitors were now leading 1:3.

Hong Kong came out for the second-half aggressively and continued to control the game. On the 47th minute, Pang Lin Lin unleashed a tight-angle shot from the right side that was smartly paved away by the Macau keeper.

On the 56th minute, Pang Lin-lin chased down a teammate's long-pass and found himself behind the Macau defense. The Hong Kong youngster quickly pulled the trigger but saw his effort nicely blocked by the Macau goalkeeper once again.

Hong Kong was enjoying the upper hand and came up with another chance on the 64th minute. This time, Cheng Siu-kwan connected with a teammate’s cross from the right side and fired a quick shot towards goal, only to be once again stopped by the in-form Macau keeper.

The visitors finally netted the next goal on the 68th minute. Law Chun-ting found opening down the right-flank and delivered a teasing cross towards the goal-mouth. A Macau defender tried to clear the ball away but accidentally sent the ball into his own net. It was now 1:4 for Hong Kong.

Hong Kong widened its lead on the 78th minute, as Lau Ka-ming's corner-kick was nodded home by a surging Yu Wai-lim at the front-post. Hong Kong was now up by 1:5.

Hong Kong was not done and added another goal on the 83rd minute. This time, Cheng Siu-kwan received the ball through a diagonal long-pass. Cheng fired from close-range and drilled the ball past the Macau keeper. It was now 1:6 with Hong Kong well in front.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Hong Kong went on to secure a 1:6 victory over Macau and clinched the 74th Hong Kong-Macau Interport title.