71st Hong Kong Macau Interport - Hong Kong 2:0 Macau


Hong Kong hosted Macau on Saturday afternoon in Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground for the 71st Hong Kong – Macau Interport. Second-half goals from Hui Ka-lok and Philip Chan saw Hong Kong overcoming the visitors in a 2:0 victory, taking home the Hong Kong – Macau Interport trophy as a result.

Hong Kong came out of the gate strong and generated the first scoring chance on the 4th minute, when Hui Ka-lok’s cross from the left side was nicely chested down by Lo Kong-wai inside the box. Lo pulled the trigger but blasted the ball high above the crossbar.

The host had another chance on the 16th minute when Lam Hok-hei’s shot was blocked by a Macau player. The loose ball fell in front of Michael Luk near the edge of the penalty area but the midfielder could not hit the target with his low-drive.

Hong Kong continued to pour pressure towards the visitors and had another opportunity on the 21st minute, when Tsang Kam-to whipped the ball from the right side into the Macau box. Lo Kong-wai connected with the cross but witnessed his shot being smartly stopped by the Macau keeper.

Leung Nok-hang nearly found the back of the net for Hong Kong on the 26th minute when the towering centre-back found himself on the receiving-end of a Michael Luk corner-kick but sadly headed the ball high over the crossbar.

Macau had a rare chance on the 28th minute when Kou Ut-cheong teed up the ball nicely for Chan Man, only to see Chan smashing the ball off-target.

During the first-half injury time, Tsang Kam-to’s cross from the right-side found Michael Luk inside the Macau box. The latter fired away but his shot ended up hitting the goal-post and went out of play.

Right before the interval, Macau threatened again when Kong Cheng-hou picked out Pang Chi-hang with a nice pass. Pang unleashed a rocket shot but saw his effort missing the intended target.

Hong Kong almost opened the score on the 56th minute when Lam Hok-hei’s clever pass found a surging Hui Ka-lok on the right-side. The latter rifled a running shot but was sensationally turned away by a brilliant save from the Macau keeper.

However, Hui Ka-lok was not to be denied and finally put Hong Kong in front on the 63rd minute, when the speedster collected the ball from a Lee Ka-yiu pass. Hui fended off his marker and drove the ball into the far-corner before the arrival of the Macau keeper. The score was now 1:0 with Hong Kong in front.

Hong Kong almost doubled its lead on the 73rd minute, when Michael Luk’s free-kick bent over the Macau defensive wall but was nicely handled by keeper Ho Man-fai.

Philip Chan made it 2:0 for Hong Kong on the 79th minute when the midfielder connected with a Michael Luk free-kick and headed the ball towards the far-corner. The ball hit the Macau goal-post and went into the net.

The two Hong Kong players teamed up again on the 83rd minute but this time, Philip Chan’s leaping header failed to hit the Macau goal.

The score stood towards the final whistle as Hong Kong laid claim to this year’s Hong Kong – Macau Interport after overcoming the visitors in a 2:0 victory.

Hong Kong 2:0 Macau