International Friendly Match - Hong Kong 5:0 Myanmar


Hong Kong hosted Myanmar on Saturday afternoon in Mongkok Stadium for an international friendly match. The home side displayed great attacking prowess on the occasion and delighted the home supporters by putting five unanswered goals past the Myanmar defense, winning the match in a convincing 5:0 victory.

Hong Kong got off to a dream start on the 3rd minute when Jaimes Mckee connected with a Ju Yingzhi corner-kick and headed the ball into the Myanmar net, putting the home side in front with an early lead.

Myanmar came close to equalizing on the 6th minute when Hong Kong players failed to effectively clear away a visitors’ corner-kick. The ball fell onto the path of Aung Thu but the Myanmar striker hooked his shot wide off the Hong Kong goal.

The game got into a stalemate afterwards and it was not until the 33rd minute that the next excitement arrived. Hong Kong’s Leung Chun-pong danced past several Myanmar defenders and penetrated deep into the visitors’ box, before seeing his shot smartly paved away by the opposing keeper. Chan Siu-ki was right in the goal-mouth with the rebound and dully delivered it into the empty net, making it 2:0 for Hong Kong.

Hong Kong almost added another goal on the 42nd minute when Jaimes Mckee’s smart pass sent Chan Siu-ki through the Myanmar defense. The Hong Kong star striker pulled the trigger but saw his quick-shot cruelly rejected by the goal-post and stayed out of the net.

Hong Kong made it 3:0 on the 45th minute when a beautiful build-up between Xu Deshuai and Lo Kwan-yee saw the ball being delivered to a surging Jaimes Mckee. The Hong Kong speedster shook off his trailing marker before calmly slotting the ball home inside the Myanmar box. It was an exciting attacking move successfully executed by the Hong Kong players. 

The home side almost expanded its lead on the 50th minute, when Alexander Akande teed up the ball nicely for teammate Alessandro Ferreira. The latter stepped up to the pass and drilled the ball towards the Myanmar goal, only to see his shot sailed marginally high above the crossbar.

Hong Kong found the back of the net again on the 66th minute when Lam Ka-wai picked out Cheng King-ho with a neat forward pass and the full-back alertly sent the ball towards the Myanmar goal-mouth. Alexander Akande’s quick-shot was blocked by a Myanmar player but Alessandro Ferreira made no mistake and smashed the loose ball home. The score was now 4:0.

Myanmar had a rare chance on the 74th minute when Kyaw Zin-lwin dodged a tackle from a Hong Kong player and fired from the left-side, only to see his low-shot hitting the side netting.

The home side was at it again on the 75th minute when Lam Ka-wai displayed great vision by sending Alexander Akande through with a defense-carving pass. The latter did not disappoint and finished off the attack by flicking the ball past the Myanmar keeper and into the empty net, making it 5:0 in the process.

On the 90th minute, Cheung Kin-fung’s cross from the left-side created havoc inside the Myanmar box. The ball somehow filtered out to the path of Cheng Kin-ho but the Hong Kong full-back side-footed his shot wide off the Myanmar goal-post.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining minutes, as Hong Kong toppled Myanmar in a convincing 5:0 victory.

Hong Kong 5:0 Myanmar