China Mobile Satellite Communications Cup Final
Busan IPARK (KOR) 1:0 Shanghai East Asia (CHN)


South Korean side Busan IPARK and Chinese side Shanghai East Asia squared off for the China Mobile Satellite Communications Cup in the Hong Kong Stadium. Both teams displayed some fantastic skills and battled hard for the silverware. But it was Busan IPARK who came out on top and claiming the China Mobile Satellite Communications Cup through a 1-0 victory over Shanghai East Asia.

Shanghai East Asia wasted little time to launch the first attack. Barely a minute into the game, a lovely cross saw Christopher Dickson teeing the ball up for Zhu Zhengrong. Zhu quickly fired away but his effort failed to find the intended target.

The Chinese side showed off some nice touches and was almost rewarded on the 14th minute when Wu Lei was played into the penalty area by his teammates. The forward alertly unleashed his shot but the Busan IPARK keeper proved to be equal to the task.

Shanghai East Asia had a brilliant chance on the 35th minute when Lu Wenjun’s tantalizing cross was met by the header of Wang Shen-chao. Unfortunately for the Shanghai East Asia captain, his header failed to hit the Busan IPARK goal.

Busan IPARK got on the scoreboard shortly afterwards. On the 36th minute, speedy full-back Jang Hack-yong broke loose on the left flank and whipped in a cross that found teammate Jose Da Luz. The Brazilian forward adeptly twisted and fired the ball into the back of the Shanghai East Asia net, putting his side in front. The score was now 1-0.

The always-threatening Christopher Dickson was close to leveling the score for Shanghai East Asia moments later. However, the powerful striker saw his effort nicely turned aside by Busan keeper Lee Bum-young.

Lu Wenjun came close for Shanghai East Asia on the 42nd minute with a lovely curling free-kick that was heading straight to the Busan IPARK goal, only for the goal-post to reject his effort at the very last minute.

Shanghai East Asia had some glorious opportunities to tie the game. On the 61st minute, Lu Wenjun dazzled his way through the Busan IPARK defense before firing a rocket that was spectacularly turned away by goalkeeper Lee Bum-young. In the ensuing corner, Zhu Zhengrong found himself connecting with the corner-kick, only for Busan IPARK goalkeeper Lee Bum-young to once again defuse the danger via a top-class reaction save.

Busan IPARK almost expanded their lead on the 77th minute when the attacking full-back Jang Hack-yong once again provided a cross that was nicely controlled by Han Ji-ho. Han spun and fired but saw his shot deflected off for a corner.

The score stood for the rest of the game as spectators witnessed Busan IPARK overcoming Shanghai East Asia by a score of 1-0, picking up the China Mobile Satellite Communications Cup. 

Busan IPARK (KOR) 1:0 Shanghai East Asia (CHN)