Kitchee and Sunray Cave enters semi-final


 Two quarter-finals of the Xiangxue Pharmaceutical FA Cup were played on April 30th. Kitchee beat Citizen by 5-1, while Sunray Cave sank South China by 1-0 with a goal during extra time. Kitchee's Wilfed Bamnjo scored from 25 yards in the 1st minute. He then crossed in the 16th minute for Chan Siu-kay to head home easily, 2-0. Citizen hardly created any threatening chances in the first half. Anthony's double shots late in the half were both blocked by defenders. After the break, Citizen centre half Wang Zhenchuang was subbed off and Anthony took up the role in defence. Ma shuai almost pulled one back in the 53rd minute, but he wasted his chance when he was one-on-one with the 'keeper. Ma Shuai would get his rewards in the 70th minute, heading home Leung Chun-pong's cross from the right. But Kitchee would add a third in the 83rd minute, Chan Siu-kay crossed for Keith Gumbs to tab home easily, 3-1. Wilfed Bamnjo played some nice one-twos with Chan Yiu-lun and Cheng Siu-chung in the 88th minute, before blasting home from close range, 4-1. Bamnjo would complete his hat trick three minutes later, scoring a rebound after Chan Yiu-lun's hit the bar. FT: 5-1. ===== The 2nd game was much more competitive. South China had better chances in the 1st half. Sunray Cave 'keeper Wei Qiao parried Jose Eder's free kick before Leung Tsz-chun shot wide. Wei Qiao further saved Chan Chi-hong's long range effort in the 16th minute. Their best chance came in the 30th minute. Jose Eder was felled in the penalty area and the referee did not hesitate to grant a penalty kick. But Au Wai-lun's shot was tame and Wei Qiao was equal to it. Sunray Cave's Chen Liming had a free header in stoppage time, but he planted his header into the hands of 'keeper Chung Ho-yin. Few chances were created in the 2nd half and both 'keepers almost had no save to make for the whole 45 minutes. The game enters extra time. Sunray scored the killer goal 3 minutes into the first half of extra time, with Xu Dexin scoring after intercepting Chen Xian's neat through pass, 1-0. South China went all-out attack for the remainder of extra time, but Wei Qiao was in astounding form and saved Law Chun-pong and Jose Eder's headers from close range. FT: 1-0. Attn: 781