Kitchee and Xiangxue enters the semi-finals


qdom The teams defeated South China and Fire Services respectively. Full match reports follow.South China, who just drew Sun Hei, were on level terms with Kitchee. Kitchee put young striker Chan Siu-ki on the bench, Rochi Putiray and Mihailo Jovanovic were in the attack. Yeung Ching-kwong had a chance to open the scoring for South China, but his shot inside the box in the 23rd minute was blocked by Kitchee defenders. Kitchee quickly scored two minutes later, with Jovanovic broke into the box from the right and scored, 1-0. They have another golden chance towards the end of the first half, but Putiray's lob shot was well-saved by 'keeper Chung Ho-yin. South China put Au Wai-lun in attack for the 2nd half, but Chung Ho-yin was brought off the pitch after a clash with Wilfed Bamnjo, and was replaced by Ho Kwok-chuen. South China fought with spirit, but there was not enough quality up front. Skipper Yau Kin-wai was pushed up front later in the half, but they failed to equalise. Au Wai-lun had a chance before the final whistle, but he headed the ball into the arms of 'keeper Xiao Guoji. ===== Both Xiangxue Pharmaceutical and Fire Services, who had three players suspended, cannot be happy with their performances last night. With Fire Services' skipper Lo Kam-wing was suspended, Xiangxue had numerous chances in the first half. But Yu Dequan, He Yihui and Chen Xian all failed to grab the chance. On the other hand, Fire Services' Ho Chi-sing met Yiu Hok-man's free kick well with a header which was saved by the 'keeper. HT: 0-0. Xiangxue put much more pressure on the home side in the 2nd half. He Yihui scored a unstoppable volley from 25 yards five minutes after the start of the half, 1-0. In the 54th minute, He Wenyao's free kick was headed home by Chen Xian, 2-0. Fire Services got their consolation goal in the 78th minute through Yau Ka-chun's goal from a tight angle, but that was not enough to keep them in the competition. Xiangxue in the semi-finals.