BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - YFCMD 3:2 Kitchee


YFCMD literally rained on Kitchee’s championship parade on Saturday afternoon, as the youthful side stormed back from falling behind twice to secure a 3:2 victory over this season’s BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League champion Kitchee.


YFCMD almost took the lead on the 6th minute when Fernando Pedreira motored into the Kitchee box from the left-flank but saw his shot smartly saved by keeper Guo Jianqiao.


The home side had another chance on the 17th minute when Kenji Fukuda found himself going one-on-one against the Kitchee keeper but somehow ended up on the short side, with Guo making a crucial save.


Kitchee went in front on the 23rd minute when Tsang Kam-to’s cross was headed towards the YFCMD goal by striker Juan Belencoso. Keeper Chiu Yu-ming managed to get a hand on the ball but could not prevent it from entering the net. The visitors were now up with a one-goal lead.


YFCMD equalized on the 25th minute Fernando Pedreira tried to capitalize on a teammate’s corner-kick but mis-fired. Teammate Tan Chun-lok seized the moment and alertly poked the ball into the Kitchee net. The score was now 1:1.


Kitchee almost restored its lead on the 49th minute when Lo Kwan-yee burst into the YFCMD box and unleashed a flick-shot that was nicely saved by keeper Chiu Yu-ming.


However, Lo was not to be denied and found the back of the net on the 55th minute when the Kitchee player took advantage of a YFCMD mistake and blasted the ball into the net from inside the YFCMD box. Kitchee was once again ahead with a one-goal lead.


Juan Belencoso almost added his name onto the score-sheet on the 57th minute when the Kitchee striker found himself one-on-one against Chiu Yu-ming in the YFCMD goal, only to be denied by a fine save from the latter.


YFCMD managed to tie the game on the 63rd minute when Fong Pak-lun connected with a teammate’s cross and nodded the ball home with a clever header. The game was now tied at 2:2.


Kitchee came close to being in front for the third time of the game on the 74th minute, when Juan Belencoso’s fine strike from the top of the box somehow hit the YFCMD goal-post and stayed out from the net.


YFCMD served up some late-game dramatics on the 88th minute, when the referee awarded the home side with a penalty-kick after judging that a Kitchee player had committed a foul inside his own box. Fernando Pedreira stepped up for the responsibility and fired the ball into the Kitchee goal, making it 3:2 for the home side.


Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining minutes, as YFCMD showed off some great nerves by storming from behind twice to defeat Kitchee in a 3:2 victory.


YFCMD 3:2 Kitchee